The City of Antigo Police Department provides a unique alternative to traffic fines and court appearances. The Traffic Education Program offers good drivers who receive minor traffic tickets a 3 hour class on traffic laws and safety. In many cases, education, rather than fines, produce better drivers.
- Must have NO traffic convictions within one (1) year.
- May only participate in the Traffic Education Program once every three (3) years.
Please note the opportunity to participate in the class is a priviledge and an officer may use his/her discretion when determining eligiblity.
Conditions of the Traffic Eduction Class:
- Once you receive your traffic ticket, you have five (5) days (including weekends and holidays) to report to the Antigo Police Department and enroll in the next available class.
- A $60.00 fee is due at the time of enrollment. Payment must be in the form of CASH or CHECK.
- Classes are scheduled from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 700 Edison St, Antigo.
Once you are enrolled in the class, your traffic ticket will be held by the department. At the point you successfully complete the class, the citation will become void. This means it does not become part of your driving record, has no impact on your insurance, no point reduction, no fine or court appearance. Most importantly, you become a safer and more knowledgeable driver!